Black Graduate and Professional Student Assembly (BGAPSA) and Association of Black Social Workers (ABSW), invite you to participate in a two-hour workshop, Trauma 101: Becoming Trauma Aware, taught by Lakeside Global Institute and funded by United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ).
"Traditional beliefs about the causes of “misbehavior” that have been around for centuries are quickly changing as we understand more about how childhood trauma changes the architecture of the developing brain and affects educational, health and social outcomes" (UWGPSNJ).
To help educators and health and human service professionals and various other graduate students and professionals throughout our region gain knowledge about trauma-informed care:
- Connect with other professionals dedicated to serving children, families and communities;
- Gain an awareness of trauma and the behaviors associated with unresolved trauma;
- Learn about the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study (ACEs);
- Get an overview of how toxic stress affects brain development;
- Develop shared language and knowledge about trauma-informed care; and
- Share resources to initiate continued exploration.
Please Join Us! RSVP is required to attend. RSVP HERE
Food Served at 5:00pm
Workshop starts promptly 5:30pm